Happy Valentine’s Day and welcome to this week’s podcast!
New in Theaters
- Alita: Battle Angel (20th Century Fox)
- Happy Death Day 2U (Universal)
- Isn’t It Romantic (New Line Cinema)
- Fighting with My Family (MGM/WWE)
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (Warner Bros./Warner Animation Group)
Classic Cinema Corner
- This week’s TCM Essentials film is the Charlie Chaplin classic City Lights (1931).
- This week’s “Movie of the Week” bonus for early/charter subscribers to the upcoming Criterion Channel streaming service was the challenging and fascinating Chungking Express (1994). Criterion Channel launches April 8.
- February’s TCM Big Screen Classics film is the film adaptation of the Broadway musical smash My Fair Lady (1964). The film screens on two days only–February 17 and 20. Details are at FathomEvents.com. Go see it! (And here’s an interesting story about Audrey Hepburn’s singing voice, Marni Nixon.)
- The Oscars are happening on February 24 on ABC. Select movie theater chains across the country are offering special discounted passes to see all eight of the Best Picture nominees, including Megaplex Theatres, Cinemark, and AMC. It’s a great deal to see some great movies on the big screen.
Thanks for tuning in! Listen below or subscribe to the podcast on Apple iTunes. Have fun at the movies this week and we’ll see you next time.